Armory Gardens Bordered on the North by Cypress street, Kennedy Blvd to the South, MacDill on the West and Armenia on the East. Fort Homer Hesterly Armory is located on the Eastern edge on this neighborhood.
Ballast Point is located on the west side of Hillsborough Bay, just north of MacDill Air Force Base.
Ballast Point Park dates back to Tampa's earliest days and offers spectacular views of downtown Tampa. It has walkways along the water, is full of shady trees, and has quick access to Bayshore Boulevard for jogging, walking or rollerblading. A historical marker is placed at the park reflecting its previous name of Jules Verne Park. The marker reads as follows: "Mrs. Chester W. Chapin owner of the company which operated the city's first electric trolley cars, purchased these acres and in 1894 developed this site as a tropical park as a terminal for her line. She named it for the French writer Jules Verne (1814-1905) who in his novel "From the Earth to the Moon" first published in 1865, chose Tampa as his launching site for the imaginary shot of his rocket to that planet near one hundred years ago."
The community was annexed by Tampa in 1953, and with the construction of MacDill Field in the 1950's, the area also experienced economic and industrial growth. The community has both elegant historic homes and amazing renovations. Homes in Ballast Point feature large porches reminiscent of old Florida, and residents enjoy easy access to downtown Tampa.
Bayshore Beautiful contains examples of Tampa's most stately and elegant homes. Bordered by the longest running sidewalk in the world along Hillsborough Bay, Bayshore Beautiful reflects a notable heritage that matches its impressive views of Tampa's skyline.
Bayshore Gardens was plotted in 1906. Today Bayshore Gardens is truly a neighborhood of diverse housing options. In keeping with the diversity there remains a true feeling of community. Neighbors take care of the older citizens who have been in their homes since the 1920 - 30's, who are now the local historians for the neighborhood. Front porch gatherings are common. The beautiful Fred Ball Park is the cornerstone for the neighborhood, with swinging benches, a gazebo, a spring fed pond built in 1906, wonderful views of Bayshore Boulevard and Hillsborough Bay; this 100 year old gem is a lush green oasis.
Bayside West is a neighborhood within the city limits of Tampa, Florida. The ZIP Codes serving the neighborhood are 33611, 33629.
Bayside West boundaries are roughly W. Bay Villa Avenue to the North, Tampa Bay to the West, W. Gandy Boulevard to the South, and S. Manhattan Avenue to the East.
Bayside West is served by Hillsborough County Public Schools, which serves Hillsborough County. Madison Middle is located within the neighborhood.
Beach Park: The abundance of large Oak trees, winding streets, very large lots and a wide variety of different types of architectural style homes make Beach Park a unique and desirable neighborhood in South Tampa. Beach Park was developed in the early 1920's on land which was once a mixture of thick Florida tropical brush, Palm trees and Oak forests on the waterfront of Old Tampa Bay. Many of the original Mediterranean style mansions are still enjoyed by our residents throughout this historic, established neighborhood.
Belmar Gardens is a neighborhood within the city limits of Tampa, Florida. The ZIP Codes serving the neighborhood are 33611, 33629.
Belmar Gardens boundaries are roughly W. Leona Street to the North, S. Westshore Boulevard to the West, W. Euclid Avenue to the South, and S. Manhattan Avenue to the East.
Bon Air is a neighborhood within the city limits of Tampa, Florida. The ZIP Code serving the neighborhood is 33609.
Bon Air boundaries are roughly Kennedy Boulevard to the North, Dale Mabry Highway to the West, Swann Avenue to the South, and Himes Avenue to the East.
Bel Mar Shores is a neighborhood within the city limits of Tampa, Florida. The ZIP Codes serving the neighborhood are 33611, 33629.
Bel Mar Shores boundaries are roughly W. Spring Lake Drive to the North, S. Beach Drive - Tampa Bay to the West, W. Euclid Avenue to the South, and S. Westshore Boulevard to the East.
Channel District is a new urban housing and entertainment complex located in Downtown Tampa. It is one of the fastest growing areas of Tampa with high rise condominiums, shops, dining, and entertainment venues, including outside patio eateries and live music. There are spectacular views of large cargo ships and commercial cruises entering and leaving Tampa's Port. The Channel District is the home of the Florida Aquarium and adjacent to the St. Pete Times Forum. There is also trolley transportation from Downtown Tampa to Ybor City.
Courier City / Oscawana is a neighborhood within the city limits of Tampa, Florida. The ZIP Codes serving the neighborhood are 33606, 33609.
Courier City / Oscawana boundaries are roughly W. Kennedy Boulevard to the North, S. Armenia Avenue to the West, W. Swann Avenue to the South, and S. Rome Avenue to the East.
Culbreath Bayou: Winding streets under a canopy of massive trees interconnect the landscaped and pristinely groomed homes. Located between Beach Park and Sunset Park, Culbreath Bayou reflects a quiet, family oriented community, while serving as a model of design and planning for Tampa neighborhoods.
Culbreath Heights is located East of Sunset park. The neighborhood is bordered on the North by W. Morrison Ave, on the South by Henderson Blvd., Manhattan Ave on the West and Lois Ave on the East.
Culbreath Isles: Comprised of large, traditional styled homes, Culbreath Isles was one of Tampa's first totally secured neighborhoods. Developed in the late 1960's, Culbreath Isles set a new standard for waterfront living. Many of the home fronts are on deep-water canals overlooking Old Tampa Bay. Swimming pools, boating docks and yachts are commonplace. All utilities are underground and careful attention is paid to maintain the meticulous and distinctive landscaping.
Davis Islands is truly one of the most unique communities in South Tampa. The Islands neighborhood is right outside downtown Tampa and offers residents and guests a variety of outdoor activities, local shops/eateries and community events to experience.
Davis Islands was created in the 1920's by developer and Tampa native D.P. Davis from two small natural islands formerly known as Little Grassy Key and Big Grassy Key at the mouth of the Hillsborough River. The land was built up from mud dredged from the bottom of Tampa Bay and expanded.
Today Davis Islands is a mix of beautiful residential and retail areas all encompassed by parks, green-space and stunning water views. Davis Islands is the home to Peter O. Knight Airport, Davis Islands Yacht Club, Tampa General Hospital, Sandra Freedman Tennis Complex and the Roy Jenkins aquatic center. Also on the Islands are the Marjorie Park and Marjorie Park Municipal Yacht Basin. Marjorie Park was donated to the City of Tampa and named by Davis after his wife Marjorie Merritt Davis.
With a canal fully separating a portion of the island from the rest of it, Davis Islands is technically an archipelago, hence the plural form Islands in its name. Originally, Davis Islands consisted of three islands. However with the construction of the airport, the end of one canal was filled in to make enough land area for a runway, connecting the two largest islands at their southern ends, thus reducing the archipelago's island count to two.
FairOaks/Manhattan Manor neighborhood is bordered on the North by Euclid Ave, on the South by Gandy Blvd, to the West by Manhattan Ave and to the East by Himes Ave.
Golfview is a neighborhood within the city limits of Tampa, Florida. The ZIP Codes serving the neighborhood are 33609, 33629.
Golfview boundaries are roughly W. Swann Avenue - Clearview to Lincoln/W. Morrison Avenue - Lincoln to MacDill to the North, S. Clearview Avenue to the West, W. San Miguel Street to the South, and S. MacDill Avenue - San Miguel to Morrison/S. Lincoln Avenue - Morrison to Swann to the East.
Gray Gables is a neighborhood within the city limits of Tampa, Florida. The ZIP Code serving the neighborhood is 33609.
Gray Gables boundaries are roughly W. Kennedy Boulevard to the North, S. Himes Avenue to the West, W. Azeele Street to the South, and Henderson Boulevard to the East.
Harbour Island is situated adjacent to Downtown across the Garrison Channel. Other nearby areas include Davis Islands and Channelside. The Tampa Convention Center is located directly across the Harbour Island Bridge and Channelside is just across Beneficial Drive, both walking distance.
Harbour Island was originally known as Seddon Island, which was named after W. L. Seddon, chief engineer for the Seaboard Air Line railroad.
The Seaboard Coast Line later sold the 177 acres (72 ha) island to the Beneficial Land Corporation in 1979 for residential, office and retail development purposes. The first phase of development did not begin until 1985. Up to that point, the island still housed a phosphate terminal and had freight rail access. Beneficial's chief executive, Finn M. W. Caspersen (1941-2009) envisioned transforming the island into a bustling waterfront with offices, shops and restaurants.
Today, the island consists of mostly private residential areas, including high-rise condos, apartments, row houses, single-family homes and large houses, as well as a yacht club.
Historic Hyde Park is a combination of yesterday and today. Tampa's oldest existing neighborhood lies immediately across the Hillsborough River to the west of the Downtown business and cultural core. Historic homes have undergone intensive renovation efforts and reflect the distinctive Florida architectural style of the 1920's and 1930's.
Old Hyde Park Village, an upscale commercial development of retail and service establishments, accents the new vitality of Tampa's historic neighborhood district. Heavily shaded and immediately accessible to Bayshore Boulevard, the streets of Historic Hyde Park are popular local landmarks.
Hyde Park North is a neighborhood within the city limits of Tampa, Florida. The ZIP Code serving the neighborhood is 33606.
Hyde Park North boundaries are roughly Crosstown Expressway - Horatio to Ybor Channel to the North, S. Brevard Avenue - Bayshore to Swann/S. Boulevard - Swann to Horatio to the West, W. Horatio Street - Crosstown Expressway to Boulevard; W. Swann Avenue - Boulevard to Brevard to the South, and Bayshore Boulevard - Inman to Crosstown Expressway to the East.
Hyde Park North is served by Hillsborough County Public Schools, which serves Hillsborough County. Schools which are located within the neighborhood are Gorrie Elementary and Haven Poe Alternative.
Hyde Park Preservation is a combination of yesterday and today. Tampa's oldest existing neighborhood lies immediately across the Hillsborough River to the west of the Downtown business and cultural core. Historic homes have undergone intensive renovation efforts and reflect the distinctive Florida architectural style of the 1920's and 1930's.
Old Hyde Park Village, an upscale commercial development of retail and service establishments, accents the new vitality of Tampa's most historic neighborhood district. Heavily shaded and immediately accessible to Bayshore Boulevard, the streets of Hyde Park Preservation are popular local landmarks.
Interbay is a well-established area due to being adjacent to MacDill Air Force Base and immediate access to the Lee Roy Selmon Expressway. The neighborhood is also within walking distance to Gadsden Park, the start of the City of Tampa's Greenway trail system. The park is also home to numerous bird wildlife due to the lake.
New Suburb Beautiful was originally developed between 1920 and 1940, and almost all of the homes have been restored to their original beauty. The community has tree lined streets, sidewalks and excellent access to schools and shopping along Howard Avenue, all of which provide for convenience and quality of neighborhood living.
North Bon Air Neighborhood was established in 1993. It is mostly single family residences with over one hundred businesses surrounding it. The neighborhood association is dedicated to promoting a friendly, beautiful and safe place to live. The North Bon Air neighborhood motto is: "Neighbors Building a Better Community".
Some services provided by the association are: a neighborhood newsletter, monthly meetings that serve as forums for the community to speak out, crime watch, youth groups and activities that foster good community spirit.
North Hyde Park is home to one of Tampa's older neighborhoods. Although historically less noted, it fills a larger portion of the region interconnecting two more renowned areas of Tampa: West Tampa to the north and Hyde Park to the south.
Located just west of Downtown, residents here have the privilege of easy access to its urban amenities as well as to thoroughfares that put many other locales within reach, rather conveniently. Like much of Tampa, the neighborhood is also experiencing transitions. One can see this in the architecture itself. There are older structures such as the sparse brick buildings along Howard Ave, commonly called cigar factories, and there are historic cracker-style homes from the early 1900's throughout the neighborhood. Yet many newer structures are constructed with blocks and perhaps stucco; a popular trend in Florida.
In 2004, however, a set of building guidelines called the West Tampa Overlay (W.T.O.) was adopted. This overlay serves to "…maintain the continuity of structures patterned after and reminiscent of development in West Tampa in the 1920's." Except for the swath south of North A Street (along Kennedy Blvd), North Hyde Park lies almost entirely in this W.T.O. District.
Oakford Park: First platted in 1910, Oakford Park is one of Tampa's older neighborhoods. The neighborhood population ranges from young families to the retired. The community is centrally located with boundaries on Dale Mabry Highway and Kennedy Boulevard -- two of Tampa's major thoroughfares -- thus providing convenient access to the business community.
Palma Ceia: Many Tampa historians have speculated upon the origin of the name "Palma Ceia." Perhaps it was originally said to be the "seat" or "base" of the Palm, or "Palma Silla" by early Spanish speaking settlers. Palma Ceia exists today as one of Tampa's highly sought after communities.
The antique red brick roads shaded by enormous oaks and a wide range of housing designs and price ranges exist in Palma Ceia. This has helped maintain consistent appeal to Tampa residents since the early 1920's.
PalmaCeia Pines is an eclectic community representing approximately 1,250 single- and multi-family households, businesses, schools, churches and non-profit organizations in South Tampa.
This area is south of W. Kennedy Boulevard to W. Henderson Boulevard; bounded on the west by S. Himes Avenue; on the east by S. Armenia Avenue; and, W. Swann Avenue to the south.
Notable landmarks within neighborhood boundaries include Congregation Schaari Zedek, Memorial Hospital and Mitchell Elementary Schools.
Palma Ceia West is a neighborhood within the city limits of Tampa, Florida. The ZIP Codes serving the neighborhood are 33609, 33629.
Palma Ceia West boundaries are roughly W. Morrison Avenue to the North, S. Lois Avenue - Morrison to San Miguel/S. Thixton Court - San Maguel to San Carlos (Homes North of Palmira) to the West, W. San Carlos Street (homes North of Palmira) - Thixton to Church/W. San Carlos - Church to Dale Mabry to the South, and S. Dale Mabry Highway - Morrison to San Carlos/S. Church Avenue - San Carlos to the East. Palma Ceia West is served by Hillsborough County Public Schools, which serves Hillsborough County. Grady Elementary is located within the neighborhood.
Parkland Estates is a mixture of classic and new homes with a variety of architectural styles and designs. The community has nice park areas to enjoy the outdoors, and residents traditionally celebrate the holidays together with street side luminaries and an outdoor celebration.
Port Tampa City is directly north of MacDill Air Force Base and shares its western border with Tampa Bay. Located in Port Tampa, Picnic Island Beach is a popular recreation area for canoeing and picnicking.
Port Tampa City was established in 1887 as the end of the Henry Plant Railroad line. The train would stop on the dock where Plant had built two hotels (now gone) -- the St. Elmo and the Port Tampa Inn. On May 11, 1961, the City of Tampa annexed the area, and Port Tampa City ceased to exist as a town. The location was made famous as the debarkation point for the Spanish-American War invasion into Cuba. Soldiers were quartered in the area, along with Teddy Roosevelt and his staff.
Gandy/Sun Bay South is a neighborhood within the city limits of Tampa, Florida. The ZIP Codes serving the neighborhood are 33611, 33616.
Gandy/Sun Bay South boundaries are roughly W. Gandy Boulevard to the North, Tampa Bay to the West, Interbay Boulevard - MacDill to Manhattan/W. Everett Avenue/Manhattan to Tampa Bay to the South, and S. MacDill Avenue to the East.
Gandy/Sun Bay South is served by Hillsborough County Public Schools, which serves Hillsborough County. Schools which are located within the neighborhood are Chiaramonte Elementary, Lanier Elementary, Monroe Middle and Robinson High.
Sunset Park and its waterfront streets are located on the west side of Tampa's peninsula. The streets in this neighborhood are named after famous poets.
Swann Estates is a neighborhood within the city limits of Tampa, Florida. The ZIP Codes serving the neighborhood are 33609, 33629.
Swann Estates boundaries are roughly W. Kennedy Boulevard to the North, S. Lois Avenue to the West, W. Morrison Avenue to the South, and S. Dale Mabry Highway to the East.
The Tampa Downtown Partnership is "the keeper of the flame" for downtown Tampa. The Partnership has a memory of downtown's past and a vision for its future, and actively identifies the steps needed to accomplish this vision of downtown as an active city center, bustling with people. The Partnership has benchmarked the best practices of other successful downtowns and created new initiatives for downtown Tampa.
The Partnership has played a major role in securing the residential development popping up all over downtown. Now, the Partnership is working to secure amenity retail including convenient grocery stores, drugstores, retail boutiques, as well as cafes, restaurants and culturally oriented uses for downtown. Additionally, it is pursuing the vision of North Franklin Street as an urban entertainment district complete with nightclubs and trendy restaurants. One of the Partnership's most recent initiatives is Downtown 360, the "downtown developments studio" in which potential investors and the general public can come to learn about the changes taking shape downtown.
A successful downtown depends on access, including inviting entrances, affordable and convenient parking, pedestrian and transit options. In conjunction with partners in the transportation field, the Partnership assists in the implementation of programs that will improve access, mobility and parking options for downtown constituents.
The Partnership keeps the community informed about what is happening downtown including community events, transportation updates and alerts, and development news through the Partnership's three electronic publications - the Monday Morning Memo, Weekly What's Happening, and InTown Tampa email newsletters.
Virginia Park is a neighborhood within the city limits of Tampa, Florida. The ZIP Code serving the neighborhood is 33629.
Virginia Park boundaries are roughly W. Palmira Avenue to the North, S. Manhattan Avenue to the West, W. Euclid Avenue to the South, and S. Dale Mabry Highway - Palmira to Bay-to-Bay/S. Himes Avenue - Bay-to-Bay to Euclid to the East.
Westshore Palms is a neighborhood within the city limits of Tampa, Florida. The ZIP Code serving the neighborhood is 33609.
Westshore Palms boundaries are roughly I275 to the North, N. Westshore Boulevard to the West, W. Kennedy Boulevard to the South, and N. Lois Avenue to the East.
West Riverfront is a neighborhood within the city limits of Tampa, Florida. The ZIP Codes serving the neighborhood are 33606, 33607.
West Riverfront boundaries are roughly I275 to the North, N. Rome Avenue to the West, W. Cass Street to the South, and N. Boulevard to the East.
West Riverfront is served by Hillsborough County Public Schools, which serves Hillsborough County. Carver Exceptional Center is located within the neighborhood.